MisQue's Adventures

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My trip over...

My trip over here was pretty entertaining I have to say... If I was to watch that day over again it would probablly crack me up but durring that day with my emotions high it was just one thing after another... I finally got time to reflect on my flight and here it is...
So here I am about 24,000 miles in the sky in seat 20D with my juice and snackbox averaging about 600+ calories and only a few hours into my new adventure. As a friend once told me "your life is never boring" and how true that is. Let's start at the begining shall we?
I was told that my dad would be picking me up around 12:30pm... he called at 12:20 letting me know that he had just left. Okay, calm down it will be okay, you will get to the airport in time, I told myself. (And we did, but I always get stressed about that and I was already a little tense.) I did not get my bording pass at home on the internet so we have a little of a mad dash to the airport so I can get all of that squared away. We get there and get my 2 (count them TWO) bags checked and I am on my way to the security check point with my book and my purse. "Crap! My book!" I say as I walk quickly toward the xray machine for baggage only to see my backpack slind on down to the plane. Well, hell. As I said before, my emotions are high and this was the straw that broke the camels back. (Now, I had to read this book before I arrived yesterday and I was only on page 20... so I read a lot this weekend) The flood gates opened, there I was walking to the security check point bawling and dad trying to calm me down. Everything that I had been feeling poured out into a 10 minute breakdown. Thankfully, dad did the right thing and just hugged me.
As I gain my composure and get into the line for security (which had moved while I was crying, so instead of being out of the way I was totally IN the way). I get through with no problems, find my gate and start to board the plane in Section C, except I had to go BACK to security. WHAT? WHY? It was all I could do to not start crying again. So it turns out that I had the "terrorist mark" of the SSSS on the bottom of my ticket and they do that to ALL one ways... (I've learned this from prevous encounters). So becasue I might be a terrorist, I had to get the pat down... awesome. I had to take my shoes off again, put my purse through the xray again, walk through again, then they tell me to go in and get my pat down - so I go in, oh ma'am you have to wait for someone- so I go out, oh ma'am someone is there now so you can go back in- so I go back in. They do indeed find out that I am not in fact a terrorist and have nothing on me- but I have to say I do look a bit suspicous.
Anyway, now that I held up the plane I try to find a seat. It's a full flight so I'm walking towards the back. I find a seat and my converstation goes like this: "Is this seat taken?" "No, would you like it?" " May I?" " Could you sit up there instead? I'll buy you a drink for your inconvience." "Don't Bother." What a Jerk! If I was in my right mind I would have just sat there and pissed him off but I really didn't want to deal with that. So, I went to a different seat. This conversation went like this: "Excuse me, is anyone sitting there?" "No, it's all yours- here let me slide over so you can just sit in this seat." "Thanks." Much better... I'm glad I didn't sit in the first one!
Now, here I sit in 20D with no book, 600+ calorie snack pack and 6 hours to go... and this is only the begining...

So, there you have it... my adventure begins... Until next time friends.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:47 AM, Blogger Roudy said…

    Hey sounds good so far... Yeah, dad is great. We have a good dad. I love him. hey, if you need help adding links to your page, send me the links and your Pword for this site and all that, and I will change them for you. It is a bit complex... took me a bit to figure it out. Love you! Write soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home