MisQue's Adventures

Saturday, February 11, 2006

muy consada....

Here I sit in our living room with Tori, Jenni, Tina and some peeps from another delgation after one of the most exhausting weeks ever in my life. If any of you wondered if I droped off the side earth, I didn't. We went on our first site trip to Nogales, Altar, Sasabe, Sonora: Mexico. Let me just say that I had no idea what I was getting myself into...but I am sooo glad that I came. I am learning so much that I was so naive to. Being in Mexico and talking with families that are directly affected with migration and how they are just normal people with families and homes just trying to make a better life for themselves. What I have learned from these amazing people is that they don't want to come but it is a necessity to come to work and be exploited for who they are. They go through shit to come here...Coyotes take advantage of them with $$, assulting them, and beating them. It is sooo crazy. I just can't even explain it...
On this trip I have learned so much about different non-profits that I want to look more into... like Witness for Peace, No More Deaths, and the Jesuit Volunteer Core. I don't know what I really want to do with my life anymore but I know that I just want to help break the image of migrants as dirty and horrible. I have an oppertunity to go to India after I graduate and now it isn't a thought of not going. I just want to get out there and learn as much as I can to help people out. I don't care about money anymore, I just want to work non-profit or volunteer as much as I can. God will provide for me as long as my heart is in the right place.
I 'm going to leave you with two thoughts that were written on the border wall... BORDERS ARE SCARS ON THE EARTH and WALLS ARE BRIDGES TURNED ON THEIR SIDE.
Until next time amigos.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:06 AM, Blogger Roudy said…

    I am glad that you enjoyed it. I can imagine it was incredibly exhausting, both physically and emotionally. And this is only the start! Hang in there, talk soon.

    Love you, Sar.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home