MisQue's Adventures

Monday, September 11, 2006

When did it become September?

I sit at my desk in my dorm surrounded with the usual,[bookshelf,crafts, homework, random chaos, you know the workings of a dorm room], wondering when did it become September? It seemed like I was just on the beach yesterday... well, no it didn't... I just wish it did. One month of my senior year has already flown by... I guess it's true what my sister said,'time changes when your whole world does'.

So my year started off quite nicely... Freshman Orientation Training is always fun and our theme this year "NO ORDINARY TIME, NO ORDINARY WOMEN", focusing on WWII and the homefront with ER and FDR. LOVE IT! So, being as thoughtful as I am when it comes to posters, I made mine into propaganda posters... not sure if ANY of them got it.. I know, and that's all that matters. Well, orientation came, and went... no big things there. My girls are a good group... I like 'em. And then it all happened... Wednesday August 23, my life changed... I offically became a SR.

It was like my first day of freshman year all over again. I didn't have class until 11am so when everyone was off doing their own thing I was trying to get the nerves out of my stomach. My frist class, ENG- Victorian Lit. OH MAN! WHAT A DOOZIE! I was sure I was going to die. I walk nervously into Joyner Hall, one of which I am NOT to familiar with because I am usually living in Martin Hall across the way, causously find room 128 and walk in, look for a seat and sit there and only talk when Dr. Colby, the HEAD of the department, calls my name for role. This class, FULL of english majors, is going to be a killer. The knotts in my stomach were worse than before. I am in a daze as I walk out and somehow find my way to Belk for some lunch where I have NO idea who I will sit with for lunch...and find my suitemates, where I then proceed to tell them how I feel like a freshman. The day got better, my second class is Clothing Construction in the most familiar hall of Martin. Home Sweet Home. Never did I realize how much time I spend in that hall until I don't have a class there. Weird. My Tuesday, Thursdays are all in Martin, so really, I shouldn't feel nervous about leaving my building at all... alas, I feel as though I am a traitor.

Here I am 3 weeks into my senior year with a paper and a quiz looming in the coming week. My classes are exciting! I am in 2, no 3 classes that are service learning, which takes what we learn in the classroom and applies it to life. Sounds simple doesn't it? Well, it is but then again it isn't. I guess it depends on the class. One of my child development classes, we have to come up with an activity for kids while mothers at Passage Home have their monthly meeting. My other child development class, we have to some up with some sort of 'lesson plan' for women living at the summit house as well as an activity for the kids while the other group is presenting. My first thing to do is Sept. 21... that's like next week and we haven't met as a group yet. YIKES! In my core class we have to take a U.N.Milienium Goal, raise awareness around campus about it and spend at least 10 hours volunteering for a cooperative organization. Everytime I leave these classes, I get really excited. This is what I want to do. I love it. One of my classes is from 6-9pm but it goes quick and I am super interested so, once I get there, it doesn't bother me.

So my suitey, Ashley, turns 21 on tuesday. HOLLA! We have a class meeting but we are def going to a bar after the mtg to celebrate for a little while... even if it means just one drink and an hour of fun!! We went home with her this weekend, by we I mean the suite, GRACE, FRAN and myself as well as KATIE, Grace's little. It was a good time. Cake, ice cream, pictures, dancing, home videos and a little story about how she was born... what more could you ask for? It was a good time.

Well, it's about 1:30am, do you know where your children are? I am beat, so I will sign off... and I'm sure you are bored of reading...

...Until Next Time Friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home