MisQue's Adventures

Monday, June 11, 2007

"OH THE PLACES YOU'LL GO"

I sit at a computer alone in a huge house (which won't seem huge when there are more than just me here) after my first day of work at Camp E-Mun-Talee. It was a long day of paper work, reading and more reading and reading is not my strong point. I made it through with plenty of smiles, hugs and words of encouragement and now I wait for my laundry to be done and reflect.

Since I last wrote in April, a lot has happened. I graduated from Meredith College and with bittersweet tears I shut my dorm door and left my home of four years. It was only 3 days after graduation that I went off and had my camp visit here at E-Mun-Talee and found my new home. Something just seems to lead me to these places where I am most comfortable, almost as if to say... you're making a HUGE change so I thought this would help. Everyone is really welcoming and excited for me to be here.

After my camp visit, I went home for 3 weeks. I accepted the job, got all my doctors appointments done before I was no longer on my parents insurance, bought a car, got a loan, got my own car insurance and health insurance, caught up with friends and at the end of all of that, I moved down to NC to start my new adventure. Mom and I drove down on Saturday to Raleigh and the morning of Sunday I dropped her off at the airport and made my way to my new home, through many tears. The fear of the unknown mixed with the fear of no longer being an independent was overwhelming my excitement. I arrived mid-afternoon on Sunday and set up camp (pun intended) at the Time Off House. There was another chief here and we hung out and went out for some great Mexican food. This house is a frat house to best describe it...a little more dirty than I like to live but I have been doing a lot of cleaning this evening... Anyways my day started well, I got up and went to camp today for my first day full of paperwork as I said before and at lunch I met my group. I'm going into a new group so there are only 5 boys so far in the group. It will get up to no more than 10 once my co-counselor and I are together more. They seemed excited to meet me and I as well with them. I am looking forward to getting to know them all individually and helping them grow. After hours of paperwork I was able to come home where I cleaned, ate some food and just have been relaxing. Tomorrow I get my drug test done in the morning and finish the rest of the paper work. I should be in group by lunch or soon after and will stay with them until my next days off. Once I got there this morning, my fears and insecurities just melted away and my excitement which was buried has come out and am ready to get going.

Well, I'm tired and I have a full day a head of me so I am going to hit the sack. I will try to update as often as I get a chance... keep checking in! One never knows what will happen with me and the life I live! :)

Until next time friends...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home