MisQue's Adventures

Friday, June 15, 2007

Positivity

Hey Y'all! I finished my first week at camp and woooboy it was a long few days of reading stacks and stacks of paper and transitioning into my group. It has been a little difficult b/c of my co-cheif not being here all week! It was defineately a week of flexability. My co-councelor was in Jamaca for some business at home and when she tried to get back into this country they wouldn't let her and problems just kept holding her up and then the weather delayed her flights many times. I finally got to pick her up yesterday evening and took her to camp and then left for my time off (TO). This week was a little difficult for all of us in group. There wasn't much stability b/c we were getting different Chiefs everyday and night since I haven't had training and can't be left alone in group. And that was difficult having me transition in with the some of the boys staying on track and others pushing the boundries, schedule changes that made some upset, and we had a new boy come in this week. It was a full loaded week and I am looking forward to having Cheif Colleen back so we can start working together! :)

The theme of this week is being positive! I have become aware of the simple fact of staying positive. I have always felt that way but because I have to say it and keep these boys on track with their goals I realize how vital positivity is. What good is going to come about if you put up a stink and get down and out when things don't go your way? All it will do is put you and possibly others in bad moods and nothing productive will get done.

Some of the boys have started challenging my authority and testing boundries as I knew they would but I didn't expect them to pout and whine as much as they do.. goodness how much they pout! One thing changes.. THE WORLD IS OVER B/C I DIDN'T GET MY WAY!!! Oh I am just heart broken. Others in the group are great motivators. You can tell the differences in the ages and the way they act. I only have 5 boys right now... we were suppose to get another one but he just didn't want to come so he didn't. As each day passes I'm getting more comfortable and more familiar with the way things are run at camp. Everyone has welcomed me in warmly and I'm glad I'm here. It's hard sometimes not to be able to just go and get things done but I'm sure my TO will be full of that! I have started to be able to know my way around Lowgap, Mt. Airy and Dobson... small towns, very country roads and takes about 30 mintues to get anywhere. Not to far differnt from home. (side note: there is a family worker here that is from Norwich! how crazy is that?)

I must be off to do some "grown up" things and get my errans done. I love and miss you all!!

Until next time...

1 Comments:

  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Roudy said…

    Hello sister, I am glad to hear that things are going well, even if they are challenging. You are right about positivity, I need a bit of that on this end sometimes. my orchid has a baby growing next to it and my veggies are getting big! Love you, Sar.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home